Will Power

Friday, January 5, 2007

Budget 2006

Today is the 5th day of 2007. How is your day so far and did you make any resolutions for the New Year?

I have not started making those resolutions yet, but I hope that my life in Year 2007 will be better than Year 2006, in terms of health, wealth, happiness and my career. I hope to excel in whatever things I am doing now and to constantly upgrade myself when given the chance to do so.

One of my priorities for Year 2007 should be on the money side. I hope to make every cent of my money worth spending for, and to cut down on those spur of the moment purchases. I think everyone is definitely guilty of making those purchases, probably due to the rush of blood to the head that prevents us from thinking whether that particular item is useful to us or not.. .

It is important to earn more than you can spend. It is very important to save money for rainy days, because you will not know what will happen in the future.

BUDGET 2006:

Every country has a Budget day where the Government will announce whether or not the country is growing in terms of wealth and also on the economical progress of the nation.

I am having my own Budget report, but it is on a rough estimate and on a smaller scale.... .

I think its quite interesting to know where you have spent your hard earned money on, since we have the habit of complaining that we don't really spend that much and yet our money seems to disappear or getting lesser as the days progresses.

I think I can at least provide you with some insights of my own... . One of the best way of tracking the so called "lost money" is to keep the receipt of every purchases which you have made. Keep all of them till end of the year and you will be amazed by the amount which you have spent!

One of my favourite hobbies includes watching movies, listening to music and buying DVDs and VCDs. I think the bulk of my expenses is spent on that.

In total:

$1355 has been spent on just Music CDs, DVDs and VCDs alone, and
$475 on watching movies.

Wow! What a shocker for me! I could not believe my eyes when I saw the amount. Mind you, these amount is exclusive of my daily expenses like food, transport and etc.

Well, how shall I cut down on that spending? I am still thinking.... . Any suggestions for me?

I think in the end, all those expenses stuff are secondary. As the famous saying goes, "Health is wealth... ."

Wishing you readers a prosperous year ahead. Happy belated New Year 2007!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home