Will Power

Friday, January 14, 2011

Giggs Rules Out Wales Return

Ryan Giggs insists he will not reverse his retirement from international football, despite Gary Speed's appointment as Wales manager.

The veteran winger ended his 16-year international career with Wales in 2007, but had been strongly tipped to rejoin Wales’ international set-up under the new managerial era.

Speaking exclusively to ManUtd.com, however, Ryan has quashed talk of a return, though he is confident that Wales will benefit from Speed's appointment.

"I am definitely not going to play again for Wales,” he says. “I am just concentrating on playing for United.

“I know Gary will do a great job - he was a great player - and in the future if he ever needed any help, advice or anything from me, that would be no problem.

“I just wish him all the best and I hope he can get Wales winning."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home