Will Power

Monday, June 16, 2014

Butt Wants To Become A Manager

Nicky Butt is keen to take the step up into club management and has already turned down job offers from three teams.

The former Manchester United midfielder, who is currently at the helm of the Old Trafford outfit’s reserve side, admits he is waiting for the ideal role to come along.

Butt insists he will not take too many risks with his first appointment as he is well aware of the volatile nature of football management.

And the ex-England international has warned prospective employers that ‘a lot of boxes would have to be ticked’ to tempt him away from the Premier League club.

Butt, speaking at the Guinness storehouse in Dublin, told the Daily Star Sunday: “There are lots of jobs around but why would I go somewhere for the sake of it?

“At Manchester United, I live 10 minutes from the training ground, work with people who respect me and I am happy to be at a great club.

“So why would I give that up to join a club where people don’t know me, who may not have as much respect for me and where I would run the risk of being sacked after six months?

“If I was to go somewhere, it would have to be a club where I will trust people, trust the owner, the players and the scouts.

“There are a lot of boxes that would have to be ticked. I don’t want to dive into any old job.

“I have had plenty of informal chats with clubs and have sat down and told them my philosophy. My attitude is that if they like me, great. But if not then that club is not the place for me.

“At some point I will have to take a risk but it has got to be the right risk, a calculated decision.

“I have been offered three jobs but didn’t like the people I spoke to.

“I didn’t like the way they were speaking about their previous managers and that turned me off.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home