Will Power

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nani Is Players' Choice


Nani has topped his outstanding season by taking home the Players’ Player of the Year prize from the official Manchester United awards night on Wednesday.

In a further nod to a remarkable campaign, the Reds' winger was voted second in the supporters' poll for the historic Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award - just one per cent behind eventual winner Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez.

These achievements cap a wonderful year for Nani, in which the Portuguese international scored 10 goals and assisted a further 18 to help United reclaim the Barclays Premier League title and reach a third Champions League final in four years.

"I must say thank you very much to my team-mates. It means a lot to win this award," declared the winger after being presented with his prize by Sir Alex. "My team-mates have helped me a lot this season. That’s why I’m stood here. I have done my best to help the team win the league and, of course, I have been very focused on working hard and improving as a player.

"This has been my most consistent season for United. Every year I’ve been here I have improved and this one was fantastic for me. I created a lot of goals and scored more than last season, so I’m very happy. I hope to do even better next season."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home